Meet this year’s most engaging beauty influencers from Queens of Engagement in the beauty sector. These creative influencers produced some of the most engaging social content on the web this year (to date)–no small feat!
The Queens of Engagement is part of a research report we released earlier this week, Global Influencer Marketing: Insights from Beauty, coauthored with our partners at Talk PR and packed full of new data and insights from beauty brands including Sephora, NYX Professional Makeup and American International Industries.
The report was also informed by the analysis of 1,000 global beauty influencers and the content they’ve produced over the last few years, including the 36 most engaging posts by beauty influencers in 2017 (featured in the full report).
We call them the Queens of Engagement because they have made royal impression on consumer audiences and global beauty brands. Not to mention they have risen to the top of a massive community of beauty influencers who are producing millions of pieces of content and generating billions of engagements every year–enough to cause a complete transformation of one of the largest consumer packaged goods sectors.
In the report, the top 36 most engaging posts are presented based on the following categories:
Influencer Audience Size
- Top-Tier Influencers (audience size: 500K+)
- Mid-Tier Influencers (audience size: 70-499K)
- Micro Influencers (audience size: <70K)
Looking at these 36 most engaging cosmetics posts, there are few notable insights:
- Multi-brand posts do well. 20 of the top 36 posts mentions at least 2, often many more, brands signaling how essential it is for brands to work strategically with influencers to be included in their content.
- Bold looks get all the love. Many top posts featured striking colors and creative applications for cosmetics.
- Engaging product shots are the exception. Only 5 of the top 36 posts were pure product shots and 3 of the 5 were giveaway posts.
So without further ado, here are the influencers–by cosmetics category–who produced the most engaging cosmetics posts among our 1,000 beauty influencers in 2017 (to date). For a full list of all posts, get your copy of Global Influencer Marketing: Insights from Beauty.
Congrats to these amazing beauty experts, especially those who lead multiple cosmetics categories!